Thursday, August 12, 2010

This scares me...

As most of you know, I have a small business, Punkiboo Designs. I hand paint fun and funky images on organic cotton baby onesies and try to sell them at a reasonable price: $25. My onesies are available on etsy.com at www.etsy.com/shop/punkiboo.....but so are other "hand painted" onesies. Most are amazing. But here is one that sells for $14. Yikes. First of all, puff paint is no longer a "must have" in the world of art supplies(or wardrobes)and secondly, it looks like a really badly decorated Safeway birthday cake! I don't mean to sound like a jerk or to sound like I am a critically acclaimed professional artist (which I am not) who sells hundreds of pieces of clothing every week. I am SO far from that. I am just a stay at home mom who loves art and creating one-of-a-kind baby apparal (while making some money) selling what I believe to be a quality product. I only mean to avoid my "hand painted" shirts from being grouped with preschool arts and crafts. Take my advice...pay the extra 11 dollars. Yikes.

puff paint nightmare